Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another sticky situation

I have a sticky one that I haven't managed to solve on the Linux box - every time I log on my IM app it loads an old MSN contact list that still has deleted people on it. If I re-delete them and log it off and back on they are gone, but next reboot they are back. Must be a quirk in that IM version. Half a brain would tell me to stop it running at boot time but I'm usually trashy on PAMS (and now the new shit) etc when I log on upstairs and forget all about it until I'm safely downstairs again and on the "doze box. Like now.

Speaking of sticky, what's brown and sticky? A Sticky is!

Yes, we have a new Sticky!







I like Stickies. I hope he stays around for a while, he can keep me company pottering in the arbor while I'm not well enough to do anything useful.

And speaking of arbors... the grape vine isn't even 10% leafed up yet and already it's got baby bunches all over it. It's only 3 weeks out of bud.

Between the garden, the arbor, the new planned arbor extension, the BBQ and a harvest like is shaping up, it could be a grape summer. If I stay out of the sun - we aren't friends at the moment.

What a difference 12 months brings - in every way. This time last year I was pumping on all cylinders with everything to get out of bed for and now the biggest thing that mattered is gone and I'm just going through the motions.

Today I slept from 1-5.15 pm - longer than I slept all of last night. In the end I couldn't settle until after 4am and was awake again at 6.45, but exhaustion overcame steroids this afternoon and tonight's dose has me wide awake and the stereo cranked up a bit while I decide whether I really want to de-clutter the dining room at 12.30am or work on a web site with fuzzy eyesight, or just fuck about until boredom sets in and sends me to bed...

2 comments:

Flattie said...

Going through the motions is not good. Generally means you are in the shit...

Morticia said...

It's only the depth that varies.